Children complex healthcare
We provide a range of healthcare packages from basic to highly technical. Examples of this are:
• Tracheostomy care
• Non-invasive/invasive ventilation (CPAP, BiPAP, IPAP)
• Deep suctioning
• Enteral feeding including naso-gastric, jejunal, gastrostomy feeding
• All makes of gastrostomy and jejunostomy tubes
• Total parenteral nutrition via Hickman Line
• Ileostomy/ colostomy, mitroffonaff
Nursing staff will include RSCNs and RGNs with community paediatric experience who hold appropriate knowledge, skills and training.
Healthcare assistants have relevant paediatric community experience and hold competencies that are child specific which are signed off by our paediatric clinical educators.
Innovation of our service
The development of the Clinical Nurse Manager role has made us unique in our delivery of service.
Each package of care is allocated its own clinical nurse manager who will prepare risk assessments, care plans, work in partnership with the family and support the care workers allocated to care for the child and/or young person.