Providing the work you want
Most nurses and healthcare assistants, who join a care provider, say that they do so because they want flexibility in their work. They want to work but they also want to choose where and when they do so, for a variety of reasons:
- To broaden their experience.
- To continue their careers around family life.
- To plan their work around other commitments.
- To help them to manage their finances.
We aim to:
- Get to know our Care Workers and understand how they like to work. We can offer flexible shift patterns.
- Support our Care Workers in their work – every care package has an allocated paediatric clinical nurse manager who is available for feedback and any assistance if required.
- Give people the opportunity to work in different environments – including special needs schools, children hospices and families own homes.
We do our utmost to provide a personal and rewarding service for our Care Workers.
Operate effective processes for booking your work
Before your first assignment you will receive a pack which will provide: starter information, electronic timesheets, links to our Policies, Procedures and Handbook.
Open communication with our rota team will ensure that you are kept fully informed and can efficiently plan your diary.
Matching suitable and appropriate Care Workers to the child and family needs is a process Focused Healthcare are experienced in managing so that ensuring you are placed on an assignment suitable to your skills and circumstances.
Our Clinical Nurse Managers and Clinical Educators ensure you have the necessary induction and training to provide care under the care plan in place for the family. Our Clinical Nurse Manager and our Clinical Nurse educator will arrange for you to have the necessary introduction to the child, young person and family. Any bespoke training will be provided to enable you to be competent to meet the family care needs.